Template:JuneCalendar Template:Wiktionary June is the sixth month of the year in the Gregorian Calendar, with a length of 30 days The month is named after the Roman goddess Juno, wife of Jupiter and equivalent to the Greek goddess Hera.
At the start of June, the sun rises in the constellation of Taurus; at the end of June, the sun rises in the constellation of Gemini. However, due to the precession of the equinoxes, June begins with the sun in the astrological sign of Gemini, ends with the sun in the astrological sign of Cancer.
Events in June
- The first Monday in June is one of the public holidays in the Republic of Ireland; in the Irish Calendar the month is called Meitheamh and is the middle month of the Summer season.
- The solstice called the summer solstice in the northern hemisphere and the winter solstice in the southern hemisphere occurs on dates varying from 20 June to 22 June (in UTC). In the pagan wheel of the year the summer solstice is the time of Litha and the winter solstice is that of Yule.
- Midsummer is celebrated in Sweden on the third Friday in June.
- Father's Day is celebrated in Belgium on the second Sunday in June. In the United States, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Ireland and Canada it is celebrated on the third Sunday in June.
- Gay pride celebrations take place in many countries in honor of the Stonewall riots.
- The majority of the Portland Rose Festival occurs.
- St Jean Baptiste Day is celebrated on June 24 and is considered an important national holiday in Quebec.
- June Dairy Month is a month long celebration of Wisconsin's proud dairy heritage and quality dairy products.
- No other month begins on the same day of the week as June.
- June's flower is the rose.
- June's birthstone is the pearl and Alexandrite.
- June is also a song by Spock's Beard.
|January | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December|
an:Chunio ang:Sēremōnaþ ar:يونيو ast:Xunu be:Чэрвень bg:Юни br:Mezheven bs:Juni ca:Juny cs:Červen csb:Czerwińc cv:Çĕртме cy:Mehefin da:Juni de:Juni el:Ιούνιος eo:Junio es:Junio et:Juuni eu:Ekain fa:ژوئن fi:Kesäkuu fo:Juni fr:Juin fur:Zugn fy:Juny ga:Meitheamh gl:Xuño he:יוני hr:Lipanj hu:Június ia:Junio id:Juni ie:Junio io:Junio is:Júní it:Giugno ja:6月 jv:Juni ka:ივნისი kn:ಜೂನ ko:6월 ku:Pûşper kw:Mys Metheven la:Iunius lb:Juni li:Juni lt:Birželis lv:Jūnijs mi:Pipiri ml:ജൂണ് mr:जून ms:Jun nap:Giùgno nl:Juni nn:Juni no:Juni oc:Junh pl:Czerwiec pt:Junho ro:Iunie ru:Июнь scn:Giugnu sco:Juin se:Geassemánnu simple:June sk:Jún sl:Junij sq:Qershori sr:Јун sv:Juni ta:ஜூன் th:มิถุนายน tl:Hunyo tpi:Jun tr:Haziran tt:Yün uk:Червень ur:جون vi:Tháng sáu vo:Yunul wa:Djun zh:6月