Milena Markovna Kunis (born August 14 1983 in Kiev, Ukrainian SSR) is an actress who is best known for playing the all-American girl, Jackie Burkhart, on That '70s Show and providing the voice for the character of Meg Griffin in the popular animated series Family Guy.
Kunis is of Ukrainian Jewish descent, her family having moved to Los Angeles when she was 7. In Los Angeles she attended acting classes after school and scored minor roles in children's programs and television commercials, even appearing on Days of Our Lives as Hope Williams in a flashback in 1994. She learned English by watching The Price Is Right. She said that the host, Bob Barker, was one of the only people who talked slowly enough for her to understand.
She also had some notable roles beyond That '70s Show, such as starring in the Aerosmith music video "Jaded". She has also starred in several movies as well, which include Piranha, Santa with Muscles, Krippendorf's Tribe, Gia, American Psycho II: All American Girl, Tony n' Tina's Wedding, and Get Over It.
- She is Jewish, but described herself as a "bad Jew" on Late Night with Conan O'Brien.
- She has a condition known as heterochromia, different coloured eyes, having one brown eye and one green eye.
- She lied about her age to land her role on That '70s Show. She was only 14 at the time she began her role and not the required 18 years of age.
- She is 5 feet 3 inches tall. Since her 70s show co-star Laura Prepon is 5-foot-10, they are often filmed sitting down to fit into the frame.
- Many who have met her describe her as being the complete antithesis of her 70s Show character Jackie. Mila herself has stated many times that she is nothing like Jackie, insisting that she's really more of a girl-next-door type with a dash of tomboy thrown in for good measure.